Here is another bit of helpful information from our affiliate Wilson Leather. Click on the logo to check out there beautiful selection of leather jackets, bags and accessories.
Storage of your leather goods:
- Store your leather coat or jacket on a wide wooden, plastic or padded hanger to help maintain its shape.
- Store leather in a well-ventilated, cool, dry place. Avoid hot areas, such as attics; or damp areas, such as cellars.
- Cover your leather with breathable cloth, like cotton sheets, when storing. Plastic bags or coverings will cause excessive drying.
- Wrinkles and creases in leather should hang out. If ironing is necessary, place heavy brown paper over the leather and use a cool to medium iron. Take care not to overheat the leather, which will cause it to shine.
- Avoid exposing leather to direct sunlight or heat for prolonged periods of time.