Shopping to get the perfect leather bag for that someone special (maybe you) this holiday season?
Saddleback Leather sells the best. As a 25yr leather pro who has spent a bunch of time testing and researching Saddleback’s leather finishes, I’m happy to share my knowledge so you (or a loved one) gets the best bag, in the right finish, for you this year.
Saddleback comes in 4 finishes: Coffee brown, Chestnut, Tobacco Brown and Cobalt Black. While all Saddleback leather is chosen, tanned and finished to the highest quality standards, each of the 4 finishes has distinct properties.
Depending on your lifestyle, these properties effect how each finish will wear and age for you. You need to care for, clean and protect each finish its own way for the leather to age well.
Therefore, my goal is to lend my expertise to help you choose a finish that not only looks great but wears well and remains great as you use it over the next 100 years.
Leather FAQ’s before you buy-
To that end, this holiday shopping guide is meant to be a FAQ of all the leather information I have given Saddleback owners over the past few years. Each category below will cover the most common questions asked about choosing or caring for Saddleback leather with links to all the answers.
The question is the link to the answer. So if you are interested in an answer to the question, just click it and you will go to the answer.
- The best finish for your lifestyle-
- I work in white collar setting and need my leather to look new, not beat up, for as long as possible. Which finish is right for me?
- I want my leather to take on a life of its own, to darken, scratch and look like ive taken it all over the world. which finish is right for me?
- I want low maintenance leather that I don’t need to do much work and it will keep looking great. Which leather is right for me?
- Normal cleaning and maintenance tips-
- Protection, Patina and Conditioning tips-
- What conditioner should I use for my bag?
- Do i need to protect my bag with a waterproofer as soon as I get it?
- What if i want a darker color or patina for my bag?
- Solutions for specific stains-
- I just got ink on my bag, what do i do?
- I had to store my bag and it got moldy, what can i do?
- I got caught in the rain carrying my bag, what can I do?
- Mud splashed up on my bag, what can i do?
- Somehow paint splattered on my bag, what can I do?
- What makes a great leather bag?-
- Is Saddleback leather full grain or top grain or split and what is the difference?
- Can i have more details on the Saddleback leather mfg process?
Still have questions about which Saddleback leather is best for you? Still not sure how to best care for the Saddleback leather you already own? Feel free to contact me direct…
Tweet me @leatherhelpguy or email me firstname.lastname@example.org
… and Merry Christmas, happy holidays and have a great new year too.